We require an individual who has confidence, drive and a sense of responsibility to provide full time permanent secretarial support to our Family Law Team in our Havant office.
We are a busy multi-disciplinary law practice who carry out a mixture of Legal Aid and private work between the hours of 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday with the Family team providing an evening service until 8pm on Wednesdays.
The role requires an individual who can:
- Provide support to our Lawyers in the family team to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency
- Cover for other support staff when necessary
The duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Undertaking filing, photocopying, making appointments, arranging meetings and ensuring timely diary entries are made and kept up to date.
- Attend clients, Counsel, and other third parties both in person and on the telephone and to assist in file management administration ensuring that files are maintained in a tidy and logical manner and in line with department protocols.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of a standard pass in at least English and Maths
- The ability to deal with clients, representatives of other firms etc. in a friendly but confident manner, whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Competency in the use of Microsoft applications
- Strong organisational abilities
- The ability to be able to act under pressure
Whilst not essential, desirable attributes would be:
- Some Office experience
- Basic understanding of the legal profession, particularly with regards to family law.
- Valid Driving Licence with own transport
- Fast learner with willingness to learn new skills
What we can offer:
- Supportive and forward thinking team environment
- Work-life balance friendly
- Offices located near good commuter links and town centre
- Salaries which reflect skills and experience obtained
- Discounted Parking
- Birthday leave in addition to annual leave
- Recognition where new skills are obtained
Opportunities to progress within the firm