When Conner Green was told that a younger brother was on the way, he dreamed of playing on his bike outside with his new sibling.
His younger brother Cayden Long was diagnosed with Spastic Cerebral Palsy, and the odds of playing outside were against the brothers.
That was until Conner decided to complete a kid’s triathlon in Nashville with Cayden. In June 2011, the boys completed their first event.
The event was not about coming 1st, 2nd or 3rd; it was about completing an activity together, regardless of barriers and creating a brotherly bond.
Swain & Co.’s specialist medical negligence and community care teams say that this story is inspirational to other families of children with Cerebral Palsy, and shows that with the love and support of families, a child can achieve hugely.
Swain & Co.’s specialist medical negligence and community care team provide practical advice and assistance to vulnerable people, including the elderly and the disabled. We can help with a variety of matters, including:
- Medical Negligence
- Birth Injuries
- Social Services Assessments
- Adaptations to the home
- Residential care
- Non-residential care and support
- NHS care and support
- Benefits and Grants
- Funding of Care
- Disputes and Compensation Claims
- Mental Health Problems
- Abuse of the Elderly and Safeguarding
- Care planning
- Mental Capacity
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
- Negotiating Best interests decisions and attending Best Interests Meetings,
- Court of Protection applications and challenges;
- Enduring / Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyship Orders
If you need advice or assistance with any of these issues, please call the community care team now on 02380 631111 (Southampton) or 02392 479290 (Havant/Portsmouth).
Or call the medical negligence team on 0800 0351 999