Exposure to asbestos caused death, coroner rules
An inquest into the death of a 49 year old man has led to the coroner ruling that his life was lost to an industrial disease linked to the exposure to asbestos.
Richard Kilbon of Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire, died in July and the inquest was heard on Friday 3rd August.
Mr Kilbon’s employment history was considered and the coroner read medical evidence and statements relating to this. It included working on a Government training scheme where he painted village halls that contained asbestos products and working for Premier Foods where some buildings were asbestos based.
The verdict recorded by the coroner was that Mr Kilbon died from an industrial disease, mesothelioma, which he commented was almost exclusively caused by exposure to asbestos.
Swain & Co.’s personal injury solicitors say that the conditions that asbestos exposure cause are very debilitating and life threatening and, as in Mr Kilbon’s case, can be life shortening.
This is why asbestos is dangerous. Plus, the effects do not present themselves immediately, but later on in life.
You need to protect yourself and/or your staff now.
Asbestos exposure at work claims too many lives.
If you or a loved has experienced exposure to asbestos at work resulting in industrial disease, then speak to Swain & Co.’s personal injury lawyers today to discuss the possibility of bringing a claim against you employer.
We give you free advice in your initial consultation and act on a no win no fee basis, legal aid may also be available.
You need to speak to a solicitor as soon as you experience symptoms, so call us for free on 0800 0351 999