Hampshire Brain Injury Claims Solicitors
The human brain is the most delicate and important human organ, so specialist care must be administered at all times when treating head injuries. The impact of brain injuries to a person and their family cannot be underestimated.
If you think you may have a claim, call us now.
Unfortunately head injuries are common particularly in trips and falls, motoring accidents and assaults. Attending hospital is essential after suffering a suspected injury to the head, but in too many cases, medical staff are missing the vital signs of a serious cranial injury.
The effects of an omission can be devastating and can lead to permanent brain damage which can dramatically alter someone’s entire life.
If symptoms are not picked up the consequences on the brain can be catastrophic.
What are the typical red flag symptoms of brain and head injury?
- Severe concussion leading to other symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, memory loss and balance problems
- Loss of consciousness
- Persistent vomiting
- Worsening and persistent headache
- Change of behaviour, reduced co-ordination
- Persistent dizziness
- Areas of numbness around the body
- Uneven pupil size
- Slurred speech and confusion
- Clear discharge from the nose and ears
If a patient displays any of these symptoms, emergency treatment should be applied, however on too many occasions they are not being picked up. Early detection can prevent many serious brain injuries from occurring in the first place, meaning that many conditions can be prevented in their entirety.
Some of our cases:
- Our client fell and hit his head following a night out with friends. He went to A&E twice. He had symptoms that indicated serious brain injury. But, he was diagnosed with a concussion and discharged. Because of this failure to diagnose, our client suffered a stroke resulting in permanent brain injury which includes a change in his personality.
"It is imperative that red flag symptoms are detected at an early stage."
Support for Head Injury victims and their families
The specialist brain injury claims lawyers here at Swain & Co Solicitors are experienced in handling brain injury claims. We know the importance of building a strong relationship with you and your family.
The depth and range of our legal services means we can offer you advice on other legal matters that may arise, such as housing and community care.
We offer FREE initial consultations – Contact us today to speak with one of our specialist lawyers.