Cancer is scary. Misdiagnosis or delays can cause devastating consequences.
Lung cancer claims arise from misdiagnosis or delays in diagnosis. You will see from an example below of a client that unfortunately, a delay in diagnosis can be tragic.
There are two main types of primary lung cancer. They behave in different ways and respond to treatment differently. They are:
- Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), the most common type
- Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of lung cancer. It develops from mucus-producing cells that line the airways.
- Squamous cell carcinoma develops in the cells that line the airways. It is usually caused by smoking.
- Large cell carcinoma (sometimes called undifferentiated carcinoma) is named because of how the cancer cells look when examined under a microscope.
- Small cell lung cancer (SCLC), which makes up about 10% of lung cancers (1 in 10).
- Small cell lung cancer (SCLC) also gets its name from how the cancer cells look when examined under a microscope. It’s usually caused by smoking, and very rarely develops in someone who has never smoked. SCLC usually grows quickly and can spread quickly.
Typical symptoms of lung cancer can include:
- A cough that won't go away
- A change in a cough you have had for a long time
- Being short of breath
- Coughing up blood
- An ache or pain in the chest or shoulder
- Loss of appetite
- Losing weight
- Feeling very tired (fatigue)
- Ongoing chest infections
Some of our lung cancer claim cases:
- We were recently instructed by a woman who had been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. The diagnosis should have been many months earlier but was missed by the radiology team. Sadly, the woman passed away recently.
"Medical negligence claims can be brought due to delay or misdiagnosis of lung cancer." Contact us today.
We are here to help you
Our team of specialist medical negligence lawyers have years of experiencing in pursuing complex oncology claims.
We pride ourselves on providing a personalised service for each and every one of our clients. And we understand that every person is unique, so we ensure that your legal services are too.
We offer a free initial consultation and act for our clients on a no win no fee basis