Cardiothoracic surgery refers to the treatment of the heart, lungs and the oesophagus. Cardiothoracic surgery is closely linked with cardiology and respiratory medicine and therefore requires considerable expertise and specialism.
If you think you may have a claim for medical negligence resulting from cardiothoracic surgery, speak to us today.
Procedures which are carried out under this speciality include:
- Oesophageal surgery
- Heart and lung transplants
- Heart valve surgery and replacement
- Coronary artery bypass for ischaemic heart disease
- Lobectomy or pneumonectomy for lung cancer
Some of our cases:
- Our client sought our help after suffering infective endocarditis following a heart transplant. Unfortunately, he did not receive suitable care after the transplant. This results in an infection which caused many blood clots to form around his body and cause permanent damage. This negligence has led to a decrease in our client's life expectancy.
“Swain & Co Solicitors are leaders in the field of Medical Negligence cases, including claims involving cardiothoracic surgery.”
We are here to help you
Our clients trust us to get answers. They appreciate the personalised service we provide, ensuring we treat them as the individual they are.
We offer FREE initial consultations and act on a No Win No Fee basis