Clinical negligence claims can arise against general practitioners in areas including the following:
- Failure to refer to a specialist
- Failure to fully investigate symptoms
- Failure to act on test results
- Inappropriate prescribing of drugs over a long period
- Poor record keeping
- Failing to appreciate the seriousness of a condition
- Lack of follow up
If you think you may have a medical negligence claim involving GPs, contact us today.
Visiting your general practitioner is often the first step regarding any health concerns or issues. GPs are trained in a broad range of areas and often deal with social and family issues rather than just medical matters. Clinical negligence claims can arise from the treatment received by general practitioners and claims often arise from a failure to carry out basic examinations, tests or follow ups properly, rather than from specialist matters due to their broad range of knowledge.
Common examples of errors on the parts of GPs with catastrophic consequences can include:
- Delays in treatment of meningitis leading to brain damage
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Hypoglycaemia, low blood sugar levels which can lead to brain damage if not treated appropriately
- Asthma attacks which can have fatal consequences if not properly managed/treated
“If you think you may have a clinical negligence claim contact our team at Swain & Co. for expert advice.”
Expertise and results for the victims of medical mistakes.