Results for the victims of medical mistakes | Experts in medical negligence cases
Surgery was a revolutionary development of modern medicine. Thankfully, most surgery is carried out successfully. But, sometimes mistakes happen.
Medical mistakes made during surgery can have devastating effects. Our experience includes surgical negligence claims arising from general surgical errors to mistakes made during procedures such as:
- Organ transplants and organ removal
- Neurosurgery (brain surgery or central nervous system surgery)
- Other complex surgery
Common surgical negligence faced by our clients includes:
- Serious damage to nerves or tissues around the surgical site
- Operations performed on the incorrect part of the body
- Removal of healthy tissue or organs by mistake
- Anaesthetic mistakes leading to permanent nerve damage or brain injury, stroke or psychological distress
- Unnecessary surgery being performed due to misdiagnosis or confusion within a person's medical records
Some of our cases:
- Our client had his right knee amputated below the knee following a failure to treat a diabetic ulcer in reasonable time. His ulcer was allowed to become infected to such an extent that there was no other option other than to amputate.
- Our client went for routine keyhole gynaecological surgery as a day patient. She awoke to find something went wrong and her operation was converted to open surgery. This has left our client with a vertical scar and distorted belly button. She contacted us to find answers as to why it happened.
If you think you may have a medical negligence claim involving general surgery, contact us today
We are here to help you
“Swain & Co Solicitors have many years experience in dealing with cases involving surgical negligence. Contact us today.”