Expert solicitors in bringing claims for negligence during pregnancy – Maternity negligence claims
Pregnancy is an exciting time for parents and their family. Maternity negligence can leave families devastated.
Doctors and midwives have a duty to give reasonable care to a mother and her unborn child. But if mistakes are made during antenatal care this can lead to serious problems. If things go wrong the consequences can be catastrophic, even resulting in the death of a baby.
Such mistakes can include:
- Failure to detect serious abnormalities of the unborn baby
- Misdiagnosis of an ante natal infection
- Failed sterilisation
- Ectopic pregnancy
Some of the most common injuries arising from mistakes during childbirth can include:
- Fissures causing painful cracks in the lining of the vagina
- Vaginal tears (episiotomy and second or third degree tears) leading to incontinence
- Incorrect suturing following an episiotomy or caesarean section resulting in scarring and the need for further procedures
- Failure to manage pre-eclampsia or HELLP syndrome after the baby has been born leading to risk of seizures, stroke or death of the mother
- Failure to manage other infections
- Caesarean wound infection
“Injuries to a mother as a result of mistakes during birth can have devastating long term effects both physically and mentally.”
How can Swain & Co Solicitors help?
Our team of expert medical negligence solicitors are experienced in handling claims for maternity negligence. We are here to help you get the answers as to why the medical mistakes took place and we instruct the appropriate medical experts needed to analyse and build a strong case.
Affordable maternity negligence representation from Portsmouth to Liverpool | Representing clients nationwide
We are passionate that justice should be for all. We have specialist legal aid contracts in medical negligence and can also work on a No Win No Fee arrangement.
Talk to Swain & Co Solicitors today to arrange a free initial consultation where we can discuss funding and the potential of bringing a maternity negligence claim.