0800 0351 999

0239 2483 322

Compass House,
57 Meridian Centre,
North Street,

Expert Services
Expert Services
A quality personalised service from a law firm based in Portsmouth/Havant, Southampton and Liverpool. We can help you. We will provide free first advice. Our lawyers are specialists in their areas of work.
Our Team
Our Team
We have specialist lawyers, many of whom are recognised as leaders in their respective fields and also share our unique focus on quality service and putting our clients first. Click here to find out more about our legal experts.
Fees & Figures
Fees & Figures
We provide a number of payment options: No Win No Fee, Legal Aid, Monthly payments, Fixed fee payment and other options. Here you can learn more about our payment options.

Child Arrangements during Coronavirus Crisis

Child Arrangements during Coronavirus Crisis

On March 23 2020, the Prime Minister made an announcement which put the UK on lockdown to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. This in turn advises everyone to stay at home where possible.

If you have a child arrangements order which means you/your ex-partner must leave the home to transport the children to and from the parties homes for contact then you, to the best of your ability, should try to follow the order.

To encourage effective co-parenting and help maintain your child’s routine, the Government have now confirmed that where co-parenting families are involved, children under the age of 18 can be transported between the parent’s homes.

It is down to the parents to decide whether they feel it is in their child’s best interests to move them between homes.

This includes considering the child’s health, their vulnerability to the virus as well as considering that of the individuals also in those two households. If your child has an underlying health issue which makes them a higher risk to the virus, then it is advised that you follow the advice given by the Government and the Public Health England. If someone in either households is showing symptoms of Coronavirus, then the child should not be being transferred between households for the safety of all involved.

If your contact takes place in a contact centre, then it is best to contact the centre directly to see what procedures they have put in place to support contact during these hard times.

Many contact centres have taken steps to continue with contact going ahead however, some contact centres will close to ensure the safety of their customers and workers. If your contact centre is closed, then perhaps arranging an alternative, such as telephone contact/email contact, would support continuation of communication between the child and their parent. It would be between the parents to organise a practical solution for contact taking place.

If you would like further information or have any queries, please contact our Family Law team on 02392 483322 for an initial free chat about your options.

Initial Free advice

Various Funding Options

Purely for Individuals

Experienced Lawyers 

Call us for a free initial consultation

0800 0351 999

OR we can call you back at a time of your choice

Request a call back

    Area of Law

    Preferred call time

    May we add you to our newsletter please?

    The data you submit will only be used by Swain & Co Solicitors. Please visit our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy for more information.

    Mon to Fri: 9.00am - 5.30pm

    No Comments Yet.

    Leave a Reply