0800 0351 999

0239 2483 322

Compass House,
57 Meridian Centre,
North Street,

Expert Services
Expert Services
A quality personalised service from a law firm based in Portsmouth/Havant, Southampton and Liverpool. We can help you. We will provide free first advice. Our lawyers are specialists in their areas of work.
Our Team
Our Team
We have specialist lawyers, many of whom are recognised as leaders in their respective fields and also share our unique focus on quality service and putting our clients first. Click here to find out more about our legal experts.
Fees & Figures
Fees & Figures
We provide a number of payment options: No Win No Fee, Legal Aid, Monthly payments, Fixed fee payment and other options. Here you can learn more about our payment options.

Mental and physical abuse from your husband, what can you do?

Mental and physical abuse from your husband, what can you do?

Domestic abuse is not just physical.

It has a broad definition.

It includes emotional abuse, threats, controlling and coercive behaviour and financial abuse.

Any form of abuse is a crime.

The law has strict measures in place to protect victims of domestic abuse.

A non-molestation order can be granted by the Court to give a you and your children protection. It restricts your abusive partner from contacting or approaching you.

The Court can be very flexible with the Order. The order can restrict entry to certain areas, your home, workplace or your child’s school.

Once the order is in place, if you receive any contact from your abusive partner including a text message, they have committed a criminal offence. You should immediately contact the police.

Domestic abuse is a largely hidden crime.

Often it occurs in the home by a partner or spouse.

If you are experiencing domestic abuse from the person that you live with, you may feel your only option is to flee the home.

However, the Court has a wide range of powers. The Court can exclude your abusive partner from your family home so you and any children are protected.

You can apply to the Courts for an Order even if you do not legally have the right to occupy the home. This could be situations where your partner is named on the tenancy agreement or they own the property.

Swain & Co offer free initial legal advice so we can assess your situation and advise the best course of action.

We won’t force you to do anything. We simply give you the legal advice you need so you can make an informed decision at the time that is right for you and your family. Only you can decide when.

We will be there to support you, every step of the way.

Call us for free advice on 02392 483322 or fill out our enquiry form and we will call you

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply