Swain & Co Solicitors are currently seeking a highly talented, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their Community Care/Court of Protection department based in their Southampton office.
We are a successful and well-established legal practice-based, primarily on the South Coast. We have been practising Community Care and Court of Protection Law for many years and have a large client base across the South Coast.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced fee earner to provide advice and representation in both Community Care and Court of Protection Law.
The successful candidate would ideally have experience in both Community Care and Court of Protection areas of Law. Also, have knowledge in;
- Care Act Assessments
- Advising on the assessments of social care needs of adults under the Care Act 2014 at home or in care homes
- Reviewing refusals by local authorities to assess individuals and/or provide care and support
- Advising on how needs can be met and disputing the level of support/ways in which support is provided
- Advising on challenging the use of reviews to cut care packages
- Financial Assessments & Charging
- Advising on how care can be funded and organised, such as supported living, shared lives schemes or residential care.
- Issues relating to direct payments and personal budgets
- Continuing Healthcare/ NHS Funded Care
- Advising on eligibility for NHS Continuing Healthcare funding
- Challenging the withdrawal and any changes to NHS CHC
- Court of Protection
- The making and registering of LPA’s
- The deputyship application process
- S21 DOLS applications & other health and welfare issues
- 2 years PQE or relevant pre-qualification experience
- Law Society Accreditation or eligibility to join a scheme desirable
- Experience in advocacy work and caseload in both areas of Law
- Demonstrable commitment to teamwork and leadership potential
- Track record of developing a caseload and client care skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- The willingness to help others and go that extra mile
- Familiarity with Case Management systems, in particular LEAP.
What we can offer:
- Salary DOE
- Within easy reach of commuting links
- Discounted Parking
- Support with development
Whilst the successful candidate will be based at our Southampton office the firm has an infrastructure in place which will allow some flexibility in working remotely etc.