0800 0351 999

0239 2483 322

Compass House,
57 Meridian Centre,
North Street,

Expert Services
Expert Services
A quality personalised service from a law firm based in Portsmouth/Havant, Southampton and Liverpool. We can help you. We will provide free first advice. Our lawyers are specialists in their areas of work.
Our Team
Our Team
We have specialist lawyers, many of whom are recognised as leaders in their respective fields and also share our unique focus on quality service and putting our clients first. Click here to find out more about our legal experts.
Fees & Figures
Fees & Figures
We provide a number of payment options: No Win No Fee, Legal Aid, Monthly payments, Fixed fee payment and other options. Here you can learn more about our payment options.

Employees rights after a slip and trip accident at work

Do you know your employee rights?

Employers have many responsibilities. Among these responsibilities is their duty to protect you from a slip and trip accident. This includes educating their employees about health and safety in the workplace (normally taking the form of a health and safety workplace induction). Your employer also has to inform you of the whereabouts of the accident book as well as how to report accidents when they occur. They must also make sure all machinery and equipment is safe and in working condition.

For example, if you slipped on a wet floor at work and there was no wet floor warning sign this could be negligence by the employer.

There can be serious and life-altering consequences of slip and trip accident depending on how severe it was.  It is, therefore, essential to know that compensation can be awarded for:

  1. Pain, suffering and loss of amenity arising from your injuries;
  2. Lost earnings if you have had to take time off work;
  3. Future loss of earnings if you are unable to return to work;
  4. The cost of medical treatment and future care relating to your injuries;
  5. Expenses such as travel costs to and from hospital.

If the slip, trip or fall happened in a public place such as on an uneven pavement on your street, the local council will have public liability insurance to cover any compensation claims. However, if your slip, trip or fall happened whilst at work, the law requires your employer to have employers’ liability insurance. This means that their insurance will cover any compensation claims.

The Personal Injury Team at Swain and Co Solicitors has a huge amount of experience in all types of Personal Injury claims and they regularly assist vulnerable people who have suffered a slip, trip or fall accident, whether it is at work or in a public place.

Swain and Co Solicitors are both passionate and compassionate about what we do and how we do it. We will deal with your claim in an efficient, effective and sympathetic way so that you receive the best service and the most compensation possible.

We offer our free advice in an approachable manner. If we consider that your claim has reasonable prospects of success, we can offer to fund your claim using a “No Win No Fee” arrangement where it is guaranteed that if you do not win an award of compensation, there will be no fee, giving you peace of mind right from the beginning of your claim.

Swain & Co Solicitors feel strongly that it is important to protect their client’s legal rights and give them the quickest and most efficient service throughout their case.

If you or someone you know has suffered an injury following a Slip, Trip and Fall Accident, the Personal Injury Team at Swain & Co will ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. 

Initial Free advice

No Win No Fee*

Purely for Individuals

Experienced Lawyers 

Call us for free initial consultation

0800 0351 999

OR we can call you back at a time of your choice

Area of Law

Preferred call time

May we add you to our newsletter please?

The data you submit will only be used by Swain & Co Solicitors. Please visit our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy for more information.

Mon to Fri: 9.00am - 5.30pm

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply