Specialist community care department | Legal Aid available
Our Community Care department has a dedicated and approachable team of experienced solicitors who have detailed knowledge of the complex framework of community care legislation, case law and guidance. At some stage in life, you or your loved ones might need to ask Social Services or the NHS for assistance, support or care. At some stage, they might refuse to provide it.
The areas of work that we can advise on, in relation to the elderly are:
- Giving Powers of Attorney and Deputyship applications
- Court of Protection work
- Deprivation of Liberty
- Mental Health legislation
- Community Care Assessments
- Information on home care and support plans
- Advice on financial responsibility and funding criteria for long-term care (whether health or local authority), sometimes known as ‘charging’
- Elder abuse and safeguarding
“Our friendly team will be able to assist you or your family member in ensuring that rights are upheld and services to which you are entitled are provided.”
Cases can be dealt with under legal aid or privately. Please call the Southampton or Havant office to ask about our fixed fees for Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Age UK provide a great source of information and support for elderly people and their relatives in the local community.