London Birth Injury Claims Lawyers
Clinical and medical negligence prior to and during the management of the labour process and the events shortly after the birth can result in devastating injuries to both the mother and baby.
Our team of clinical and medical negligence lawyers has many years of experience in bringing birth injury claims on behalf of mothers, babies and their families. We understand the difficult and sensitive nature of these cases and will always fight to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Examples of our clients experiences:
- The grief stricken mother of a stillborn baby trusts us to find her some answers. Her treating team failed to monitor her baby correctly and missed that the baby was in distress. Had monitoring been appropriate, the baby would have been delivered by c-section and survive
- A mother of a child suffering from Cerebral Palsy contacts us after the mismanagement of her child's birth. Her baby was starved of oxygen resulting in brain injury (hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy). As a result, the child sustained catastrophic brain injury causing spastic quadriplegia with dystonic posturing and developmental delay. Her child requires lifelong, daily care.
“Swain & Co Solicitors are leaders in the field of Medical Negligence cases including claims involving birth injury claims. Contact us today.”
We are here to help you and your family
Swain & Co Solicitors are experienced and knowledgeable birth injury solicitors that work with families affected by serious birth injuries.
Our clients truly value the personalised service we provide. We see each of our clients as the individuals that they are.
We know no amount of money will take away the birth trauma, but it may help you to move on and deal with on-going care needs.
Affordable solicitors for Cerebral Palsy and other birth injury claims
We offer free first advice so call our expert solicitors who represent clients nationwide for birth injury claims
Initial Free advice
No Win No Fee*
Purely for Individuals
Birth injury claims can arise from the following:
- Oxygen deprivation leading to brain injury such as Cerebral Palsy
- Shoulder injury to the baby as a result of the shoulder becoming stuck (brachial plexus or shoulder dystocia) leading to either death of the baby or injury to nerves resulting in the arm or hand becoming paralysed. This is known as Erb’s palsy
- Forceps or ventouse delivery – a forceps or ventouse delivery is used where the baby becomes distressed and assistance is needed in pulling the baby out. Both methods should be used in specific circumstances by fully competent and trained professionals who know how to use each tool. Failure to use these tools properly can result in scarring and nerve damage to the baby leading to paralysis or death
- Failure to diagnose and treat jaundice leading to death of the baby or brain damage
- Spinal cord injury