Expert cancer negligence solicitors who sensitively handle oncology claims for clients nationwide
It is often viewed as the silent killer that has no cure. However, much research shows that the chances of surviving are much greater if diagnosis is achieved promptly.
You may have a cancer negligence claim if there has been a delay in your diagnosis. This may be due to your GP failing to refer you to the hospital for further investigation. Or the hospital may fail to follow up test results or incorrectly report results of scans.
It may be that a delay in diagnosis has unfortunately meant the prospects of successful treatment are reduced. Or that you require more invasive treatment.
Common problems that arise in relation to cancer include the following:
- Failure to recognise early signs
- Delay in diagnosis
- Failure to treat and/or delay in treating
- Clinical/ Surgical error
- Mixing up of tissue samples
- Misinterpretation of results
Some of our cases:
- We are instructed by the widow of a man. He passed away following a delay in diagnosing his throat cancer. His GP failed to follow National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) Guidance. This was despite him meeting the criteria for throat cancer on a number of visits to his GP and requiring an urgent referral to hospital. Tragically, our client's husband passed away after a difficult battle with the disease
- Our client was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. Her diagnosis should have been many months earlier but was missed by the radiology team. Sadly, our client passed away recently.
“Swain & Co Solicitors are leaders in the field of medical negligence cases including claims involving oncology.
We are here to help you
Our team of specialist medical negligence lawyers have years of experiencing in pursuing complex oncology claims.
We pride ourselves on providing a personalised service for each and every one of our clients; we understand that every person is unique, so we ensure that your legal service are too.
We offer a free initial consultation and act for our clients on a no win no fee basis
Initial Free advice
No Win No Fee*
Purely for Individuals
At Swain & Co Solicitors we have considerable experience in clinical negligence claims relating to types of cancer which include:
- Bone cancer
- Brain tumour
- Bowel/colorectal cancer
- Breast cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Oral/mouth cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Spinal tumour
If you would like to bring a claim involving oncology, you will need knowledgeable and experienced lawyers on your side. Here at Swain & Co Solicitors we successfully handle cases for clients, with access to a database of medical experts we will build a case for your claim.
Specialist solicitors representing clients from offices in Liverpool, Havant/Portsmouth and Southampton
Contact Swain & Co Solicitors today for free initial advice on possible options for bringing a claim.
We can provide No Win No Fee arrangements for most cases.