Most ovarian cancers start in the cells that cover the surface of the ovary (the epithelium) and are called epithelial ovarian cancers.
There are several types of epithelial ovarian cancer. They include:
- serous – the most common type
- clear cell
- undifferentiated or unclassifiable.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer can be very similar to symptoms of other more common conditions. GPs should offer ovarian cancer tests to women who have symptoms of bloating and any of the other symptoms below if they happen more than 12 times a month or continue for three weeks:
- a long-lasting bloated feeling in your tummy (having a swollen tummy)
- feeling full quickly and/or loss of appetite
- pain or discomfort in the lower tummy area and/or back
- needing to pass urine more often or more urgently (feeling like you can’t hold on).
“Medical negligence claims can be brought due to delay or misdiagnosis of ovarian cancer. Contact us today.”
We are here to help you
Our team of specialist medical negligence lawyers have many years of experience in pursuing complex lung cancer claims.
Clients truly value that we act purely for individuals. We understand that you are an individual and should have a personalised legal service to reflect that.
We offer you a free initial consultation and act on a no win no fee basis.